In order to receive Piranha Plant—scheduled for a February 2019 release—players who purchased the physical version of Super Smash Bros. Ultimate must claim their My Nintendo Gold Points by January 31st, 2019.
Players who purchased the game through Nintendo eShop automatically claim their Gold Points, so no further action is needed.
After the Gold Points have been claimed, a download code for Piranha Plant will be sent to the e-mail address players registered to their My Nintendo account!
How to Acquire Piranha Plant
- Highlight the software on the HOME Menu, then press the + Button on the controller to open the options.
- Select My Nintendo Rewards Program, and then select Earn Points (Game Card version only).
With Multiple Users
From the user-select screen, select the user who wants to claim the points.
* The user who wants to receive the points must link their Nintendo Account.
* Please be aware that points can only be claimed once per Game Card.
* In some territories, the download code will be distributed via an insert included in the game package, rather than by claiming Gold Points.
* Nintendo Switch Online membership is not required to receive the Piranha Plant fighter.
* Users can confirm or modify the e-mail address registered to their Nintendo Account via the Nintendo Account Options.
* Piranha Plant is scheduled for distribution as paid DLC at a later date.