GameTomo announced Project Nimbus: Complete Edition will soon be launching on the Nintendo Switch via eShop. It is slated for release next month, on May 16. It will be offered for USD 19.99.
About Project Nimbus: Complete Edition
Japanese publisher GameTomo is very proud to announce the release date for Project Nimbus: Complete Edition on the Nintendo Switch. The anime-inspired mech combat game is slated for a May 16th worldwide release on the Switch. This version of the game includes new content never-before-seen in the United States and Europe, sure to please Western fans of high-speed robot action.
Project Nimbus: Complete Edition is the latest version of the cult mecha game, originally designed and developed by GameCrafterTeam and GameTomo. This version features the original’s full story and combat alongside new modes that had previously not made it to American or European shelves.
The game is set in a far future Earth where three factions fight for the remains of the planet using powerful Battle Frames; classic mecha inspired by the creators’ love of Japanese anime. These Battle Frames take part in fast-paced combat across a variety of battlefields on the ground, high in the sky, and even in space.
Two new modes supplement the original’s content for this release: an improved Survival mode and WARFRONT. In Survival, players will fight against endless waves of foes to cement their standing as an Ace mecha pilot. In WARFRONT, objective-based missions up the ante by requiring the player to survive against infinite odds in a never-ending assault.
Thanks to the Switch versatility, players will be able to utilize their Joy-cons to experience the best of what Project Nimbus has to offer or stay mobile and take to the skies around the house or on the go. Project Nimbus is also Pro Controller compatible for an even richer flying experience.
With its intense high-speed dogfights in mech-based ‘Battle Frames’, Project Nimbus: Complete Edition is the definitive mecha battle game for Nintendo Switch!
Inspired by the Gundam, Macross, and Ace Combat series, the game features vibrant graphics, blistering action and an epic storyline with battles over floating cities, vast oceans, and the reaches of outer space. Fly a variety of mighty Battle Frames fully loaded with missiles, energy blades, psychodrones, particle cannons, and more in intense and relentless in-air combat.
The four act storyline of Project Nimbus details the violent clash of three different factions over a war-torn futuristic Earth. Endless Survival and special Warfront Mode feature additional Battle Frames and mission types.
Fly the most advanced Battle Frames ever created through a series of breathtaking environments, from ocean fortresses to cloud filled skies to the blasted ruins of Earth’s greatest civilizations.
Continue the story of Mirai, UCN, CFN, and the Children of Fallen Nations as the fight for peace on Earth continues, ending in an epic battle for the salvation of humanity.
- High-speed battle action, piloting heavily armored Battle Frames through the war torn skies.
- Twenty-six missions in a variety of locations, including floating cities, ocean fortresses, mountain bases, futuristic prisons, and battles in space.
- Over a dozen playable Battle Frames with weapons including smart missiles, energy blades, particle cannons, floating energy shields, railguns and autonomous psychodrones.
- A sprawling storyline with battles between three different factions over a war-torn futuristic planet: the US-lead CFN, the Russia-led UCN, and the shadowy terrorist Children of Fallen Nations.
- Complex bosses each with a unique fighting style, including orbiting nuclear battle mechs, bands of deadly pilots, and weaponized flying ships.
- Missiles, rail guns and cannons for long range combat…energy blades and blade rushes for melee!
- Bonus Survival Mode lets you choose from an entire hangar of Battle Frames, and then you must battle endless waves of enemies with increasing power.
- WARFRONT mode includes massive replayability with six unlimited mission modes including Base Defense, Interception, and Assassination. Six levels of pilot (including Legendary) and Battle Frame customization will keep you playing for hours more.
Project Nimbus: Complete Edition will include the base game Project Nimbus: Code Mirai, initially released for the PS4 in 2017, plus the “Rise Mirai” expansion DLC. The game will support English and Japanese languages.