SEGA has released the first trailer for its sure-to-be-a-hit Olympic Games Tokyo 2020 official video game. And NO this is not Mario vs Sonic …
Japanese gamers will be able to get their hands on the game when it launches there on 24th July.
The rest of us will have to wait until an undisclosed time next year. The Olympic Games Tokyo 2020 video game will be available on Nintendo Switch, Xbox One, PlayStation 4 and PC here in the west.
SEGA’s Olympic Games Tokyo 2020
- 15 Playable Events
- 100m dash
- 100m freestyle
- 110m hurdle
- Long jump
- Hammer throw
- 200m individual medley
- Beach volleyball
- Tennis singles
- Tennis doubles
- Ping pong singles
- Ping pong doubles
- Realistic Reproduction of the Actual Venues, Including the Olympic Stadium
- With Avatar Creation, Anyone Can Participate in the Olympics
- Freely choose your face and physique to customize your very own avatar from various parts including the basics like hair style, eyes, and nose, as well as a variety of other elements like glasses, facial hair, and face paint.
- Customize your avatar with a variety of sportswear and everyday clothes. You can also unlock new outfits as you play through the game.
- Play Against Family and Friends Around the World
- Olympic Games – In this mode, up to two players (or up to four players when playing online) can compete for Olympic medals.
- Rank Games – In this mode, players can compete online for the superior rank. Aim for the best in the world by overcoming rivals and building up wins to increase your rank.
- Training – In this single-player mode, you can practice your favorite games as deliberately as you like to polish your skills. Improve your techniques through daily training as would an actual athlete, and set yourself apart from your rivals.
- My Data – In this mode, you can view full ranking information, such as weekly and personal, including the “Medal Rankings” in which each country and region compete for medals. Also, the “Stats” screen lets you view detailed gameplay result statistics for each game and mode.