Developer Sabotage has put a launch trailer online to celebrate the release of The Messenger.
About The Messenger
The Messenger seamlessly blends an 8-bit and 16-bit universe as a heroic ninja turned messenger must traverse a dangerous path to save his village from the Demon King.
As a demon army besieges his village, a young ninja ventures through a cursed world, to deliver a scroll paramount to his clan’s survival. What begins as a classic action platformer soon unravels into an expansive time-traveling adventure full of thrills, surprises, and humor.
- Dynamic, acrobatic gameplay and ultra tight controls worthy of an epic ninja adventure.
- Character upgrades, new abilities, hidden levels, and branching paths to discover.
- Meticulously designed 8-bit and 16-bit sprites, animations, and backgrounds in the spirit of the classics.
- A memorable cast of offbeat villains, bosses, and associates.
- Original soundtrack by renowned chiptune composer Rainbowdragoneyes, handmade using Famitracker.
The nice thing about The Messenger that you can switch between 8-bit and 16-bit in the course of the game, which has an effect on the graphics and the sound.