According to the most recent Nintendo statistics, Metroid Dread is the series’ best-selling title of all time.
A few months ago, Metroid Dread was on the verge of breaking the record. It was the franchise’s second best-selling game as of February, with 2.74 million copies sold, thus it was only a matter of time until it took the top place.
The following is a sales breakdown of all Metroid mainline entries:
- Metroid Dread – 2.90 million units
- Metroid Prime – 2.84 million units
- Metroid – 2.73 million units
- Metroid II – 1.72 million units
- Metroid Fusion – 1.6 million units
- Super Metroid – 1.42 million units
- Metroid Prime 3 – 1.41 million units
- Metroid Prime 2 – 1.1 million units
- Metroid Prime: Hunters – 1.08 million units
Metroid Dread was initially launched on the Nintendo Switch in October 2021. Following Metroid: Samus Returns on 3DS, it was the latest cooperation between Nintendo and MercurySteam.
About Metroid Dread
Face the unstoppable E.M.M.I. robots.
In Metroid Dread for Nintendo Switch, join bounty hunter Samus Aran as she flees a terrible alien land tormented by a mechanical horror.
After the events of Metroid Fusion, Samus arrives on planet ZDR to investigate a mystery signal delivered to the Galactic Federation. The isolated planet has been taken over by violent alien lifeforms and terrifying mechanical threats. Samus is more nimble and competent than ever before, but will she be able to resist the inhuman monster lurking in the depths of ZDR?