Warner Bros finally officially revealed their Super Smash Bros. Ultimate style crossover fighter Multiversus, which was heavily rumored. The news was shared in an official first look trailer, which confirms many of the rumors and leaks that we’ve seen, including the extremely varied roster, free-to-play format, and a leaning towards co-op in battles. Unfortunately, it seems that the game is currently not planned to come to Nintendo Switch, as it is missing from the list of platforms displayed at the end of the video.
In MultiVersus, the Multiverse is at your fingertips as you battle it out in intense 2v2 matches. Up against Batman & Shaggy? Try using Bugs Bunny & Arya Stark! This platform fighter lets you play out your fantasy matchups in a fun co-op or head-to-head fight for supremacy.
- ICONIC CHARACTERS
- Choose from Harley Quinn, Tom and Jerry, Finn the Human, Wonder Woman, Steven Universe, Jake the Dog, Garnet, Superman, and an extraordinary creature named Reindog. Every fighter boasts unique abilities that pair dynamically with other characters.
- Play on various Maps from our characters’ legendary worlds, including Batman’s Batcave and Jake and Finn’s Treefort, and more.
- Defend the Multiverse with your friends anywhere, anytime on all available platforms. This includes full cross-platform play and progression.
- Play our innovative 2v2 co-op-focused experience or the intense 1v1 and 4-Player Free For All. You can also refine your skills in training mode or put your skills to the ultimate test in Ranked Competitive. MultiVersus supports online and local play.
- Every character will feature many different variants and its own customizable perk loadout that will change the way you play and how you synergize with your teammates.
- MultiVersus boasts an intense competitive experience with dedicated servers for seamless online gameplay.
- A GROWING MULTIVERSE
- MultiVersus is regularly updated with new characters, stages, modes, in-game events, variants and more.
For now at least, fans who are looking to get their crossover fighter fix will have to stick to Super Smash Bros. Ultimate, Nickelodeon All-Star Brawl or Indie Pogo, we will be sure to report back should this change in the future.