The developers behind Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night promised performance updates and more in their latest patch for the Nintendo Switch version.
Sadly the Nintendo Switch version has been suffering from dodgy bugs and unstable gameplay.
Unfortunately, it looks like we’ll have to wait a little longer before learning what improvements will actually be part of this update.
According to a new Kickstarter post, the game’s latest patch has been submitted to Nintendo for approval. However, the developers avoided specific details about what improvements they were making to “input delay, stability and optimization” – which have been the bulk of Nintendo fans’ complaints. For now, all we know is that the patch will include minor bug fixes and some quality-of-life changes.
Bloodstained: Ritual Of The Night Switch patch update
Hello everyone, I’m happy to report that this week we submitted a patch for Switch, once it’s approved we’ll update the game asap. The following changes are already locked in, and we’re working to confirm even more changes/improvements etc. for this patch, hopefully by next week:
The teams continue to work on input delay, stability and optimization. We’re not ready to release these improvements just yet, but we’ll be sharing more information in the coming weeks.
- Map quest markers no longer showing when target has been killed
- HD Rumble issues in certain areas fixed
- Familiar upgrade via Grade was nerfed
- Increased strength based on level
- Dullahammer Head has been nerfed
Shard Adjustments (Decreased Power)
- Riga Storaema
- Flame Cannon
- Straight Arrow
- Chase Arrow
- Heretical Grinder
- Circle Ripper
- Shooting Dagger
- Riga Dohin
- Welcome Company (nerfed significantly – starting from 3 portraits instead of 5)
Weapon Adjustments (Decreased Power)
- Flying Edge
- Rhava Bural
- Rhava Velar
Enemy HP Increases
- Dullahammer Head
- Increased the drop rate of “Monster Fur” from Simians
- Text corrections
- Map close button has been remapped to standard exit/close button
- Marker button has been changed
- Trail display button has been changed
- Map scroll speed improved
- Zoom in and out improved
- Zoom level retained when reopening the map
- Auto-center when opening the map