Nippon Ichi Software and Vanillaware launched GrimGrimoire OnceMore, a remake of the PS2 game GrimGrimoire, which was first released in 2007. According to the newest edition of Weekly Famitsu, it will be released in Japan on July 28, 2022, for Nintendo Switch and PS4.
About GrimGrimoire OnceMore
According to a press release published by Gematsu, the remaster is named GrimGrimoire OnceMore and includes new visuals and mechanics, including a strong “Great Magic” mechanism and skill trees. The narrative of GrimGrimoire OnceMore is identical to that of the first game: Lillet Blan, a young magician, relives the same five days after an evil wizard assaults her school and threatens tragedy.
GrimGrimoire was first published on PlayStation 2 in 2007. It was the first released game by Vanillaware, which was founded by George Kamitani, a former Capcom artist.
- New System: “Great Magic” – There are now four varieties of “Great Magic” that may be employed in combat. Newly illustrated cut-ins have been added to the mix.
- Graphics with a high quality and a widescreen aspect ratio.
- For fighting and narrative segments, there is a “Fast-Forward” mode.
- For fight segments, there is a “Mid-Battle Save” feature.
- The difficulty level of “Hard” mode has been increased to make it more tough than before.
- System Changes: Earn coins by completing tasks assigned to each step of the Skill Tree. Familiars may be strengthened with coins. Coins may be reimbursed as well.
- Enjoy a variety of illustrations in Gallery Mode.
- Lillet Blan has joined the cast as a new voice actor (voiced by Iori Saeki)
- Surprise Margarita (voiced by Miharu Hanai)
- Advocat Gammel Dore (voiced by Miharu Hanai) (voiced by Hiromichi Tezuka)