The newest 3 person co-op puzzle adventure in the Trine series gives a preview of the titular villain of Trine 4: The Nightmare Prince.
With refined combat, distinctive playable characters and stages which dynamically change their puzzles based on the number of players, Trine 4: The Nightmare Prince is elevating the Trine experience to new heights.
About Trine @ PAX West
Trine 4: The Nightmare Prince and Trine: Ultimate Collection arrive October 8 but Modus games is showcasing some new gameplay of the installment at PAX West.
The Trine series returns to the magic of 2.5D with Trine 4: The Nightmare Prince. The three heroes of the best-selling adventure series are back, sent on a quest to retrieve the troubled young Prince Selius.
Amadeus the Wizard, Pontius the Knight, and Zoya the Thief are joined together once again on a thrilling quest through fantastical fairytale landscapes teeming with danger.
Digital pre-purchases launched on Aug 27 for Trine 4: The Nightmare Prince and Trine: Ultimate Collection on PlayStation 4, Xbox One, Steam, and GOG. Users who pre-purchase Trine: Ultimate Collection on PlayStation 4 in the Americas will get instant access to Trine Enchanted Edition, Trine 2: Complete Story, and Trine 3: The Artifacts of Power. All digital pre-orders will also include launch day access to the bonus DLC level Toby’s Dream.
More information on digital pre-purchases for Nintendo Switch coming soon.
About Trine 4: The Nightmare Prince
Prince Selius suffers from intensely dark dreams and, due to his magical talents, monstrous nightmares are able to slip into reality and wreak havoc on the waking world. Amadeus, Pontius, and Zoya must find the afflicted prince and resolve the desperate situation before the world is engulfed by the Nightmare Prince’s shadows.
Trine 4 reaches new heights in the series, bringing the most complete gameplay experience ever to fans and new players alike!
- Gorgeous, 2.5D landscapes. Explore uniquely designed levels in beautiful, 2.5 dimensions, from breathtaking ruins and haunted tombs to tranquil birch groves and blueberry forests.
- Local and online multiplayer. Play with up to 4 players online or in local co-op.
- Captivating storytelling. Follow the story of a haunted prince as you journey through magical fairytale landscapes inhabited by friendly creatures, as well as a host of nightmarish foes.
- Dynamic puzzle-solving. Solve puzzles – solo or with friends – that feature fire, air, light, magnets, electricity and more, with challenges tailored to the number of players.
- Abundant skill trees. Unlock abilities and amazing new skills such as the Dream Shield, Fairy Rope and Iron Ball.
- Completely revamped combat system. Experience the heroes’ own bloodcurdling nightmares in boss fights featuring an enriched combat system with fresh challenges and thrilling action!
- Enchanting soundtrack. Enjoy a wondrous soundtrack with songs that bring life to each new environment.