On Nintendo Switch, Save Me Mr Tako: Definitive Edition has received a new update. A dialog box now displays the speaker repair in response to player requests. Support for Japanese translation is also added, as well as a slew of bug fixes.
Update patch notes
- The speaker’s name is now shown in the dialog box.
- New Japanese localization has been added.
- The problem with the king’s death message reappearing has been resolved.
- The problem of sage items vanishing when the player leaves the home has been resolved (until re-entering the town)
- Octopus Temple’s switch hidden behind the HUD problem has been resolved.
- Fixed a bug in the volcanic dungeon lava area Fixed the soft lock bug in Octopus Temple
- The Konami code room camera problem has been resolved.
- Some mistakes have been corrected.
The update for Save Me, Mr Tako: Definitive Edition is now available for all Nintendo Switch users.
About Save Me, Mr Tako: Definitive Edition
Dive into a fantastic journey from the golden age of portable gaming!
Tako is a peaceful small octopus that saves a lady from drowning one stormy night in a world where humans and octopuses are at war. When a fairy witnesses his courage, she provides him the power to exist on land. Tako defies his family and his people as he traverses the globe, attempting to mediate problems between humans and octopuses, plunging him into the very heart of this dysfunctional universe.
Tako will solve puzzles, spit ink at adversaries to transform them into platforms, explore intriguing dungeons, and battle stubborn monsters on his quest to stop the conflict between the underwater Octopus kingdom and the terrestrial Human realm. Will you assist this courageous octopus in spreading his message of tolerance and teaching both species to live in peace and unity?
- 6 realms and almost 50 levels to explore – 50 various headgear Tako may don to acquire unique skills
- Extensive character conversation with a plethora of distinct and memorable NPCs
- Side quests, puzzles, mini-games, and 16 distinct dungeons to explore – Multiple palettes to vary the color style of the game
The following features are included in the Definitive Edition:
- New difficulty modes and balance of the original game -Hint System, Auto palette option, and many quality-of-life enhancements
- Audio system for listening to Marc-Antoine Archier’s music
- Additional material and new border pictures
The game is available on the Nintendo Switch eShop. Limited Run Games is also planning a physical release.