It looks like a bit more Shantae And The Seven Sirens is still coming in the future – at zero cost to owners of the game!
In a recent interview with NintendoLife, Shantae’s creator and the game’s director Matt Bozon spoke more about the game’s development and his own experiences developing the series.
Against Paid DLC
When asked once again about the possibility of DLC, however – Bozon clarified that WayForward had decided against paid DLC. Rather, the studio is now working on some ‘free add-ons’ to the game!“We decided not to do paid DLC, or an “Ultimate Edition,” for this game. That said – content updates are free and are available to everyone!
We don’t have any specific announcements today, but I can say that we have ideas for some fun little free add-ons in the works! We’ll have more info on that in the coming months.”
About Shantae And The Seven Sirens
Shantae is back in an all-new tropical adventure! In her fifth outing, the Half-Genie hero gains new Fusion Magic abilities to explore a vast sunken city, makes new Half-Genie friends, and battles the Seven Sirens in her biggest, most thrilling quest yet!
Featuring multiple towns and more labyrinths than ever before, an awesome aquatic journey full of danger and discovery awaits!
- Traverse an expansive, interconnected world above and below the sea!
- Use Fusion Magic to change instantly between new creature forms!
- Belly dance to activate machinery, restore health, and more!
- Collect and power up with Monster Cards!
- Enjoy minigames, acquire magic and items, and uncover secrets!
- Gorgeously animated TV-style cutscenes!
- All-new characters and returning favorites like Rottytops, Sky, Bolo, and the nefarious pirate Risky Boots!