The official Nintendo website quietly updated the launch window for Sports Story to a placeholder ‘TBD’.
Sidebar Games themselves have come out to announce the delay themselves.
In a tweet from their official Twitter, Sidebar Games stated that they needed “more time to… ensure that everything makes it into the game”, and cited the game as becoming “rather ambitious” but having to “pay the price” for that.
We've prepared a Sports Story update video to shed some more light on the situation. ⚽️🏏🎾⛳️📺 pic.twitter.com/FpGPVyFhD3
— Sidebar Games (@sidebargames) August 17, 2020
About Sports Story
A game about sports, but not always.
Sports story is a game about sports, but not always. Various non-sporting pursuits provide variety. Alternate activities like dungeon exploration, stealthy infiltrations and fishing expeditions mean something unexpected waits around every corner. Sometimes it is even sports.
- Embark on a golfing adventure in both ordinary and fantastical places.
- Undertake full-time study at a renowned tennis academy.
- Make friends and enemies in your quest for sporting excellence.
- Dungeons, espionage, mini games, buried treasure and you get to meet the queen.
- Make your coach proud by competing in Decasportathon.