Super Mario Odyssey has been a huge hit for Nintendo, which came as a surprise to no one really right?
News got out that it has sold more than 9 million copies worldwide by the end of 2017. Which is impressive as it has only been available since 27th of October.
Impressive but how does it stack up?
You may be wondering how this stacks up against other 3D outings such as Super Mario Galaxy and Super Mario 64.
Super Mario 3D Sales by most units sold worldwide;
- Super Mario Galaxy (Wii): 12.76 million
- Super Mario 64 (Nintendo 64): 11.91 million
- Super Mario 3D Land (3DS): 11.40 million
- Super Mario 64 DS (DS): 11.06 million
- Super Mario Odyssey (Switch): 9.07 million
- Super Mario Galaxy 2 (Wii): 7.67 million
- Super Mario Sunshine (GameCube): 6.31 million
- Super Mario 3D World (Wii U): 5.70 million
Keep in mind that the game is still only in it’s 4th actual month so that number will surely climb in the upcoming months. Also because the demand for Nintendo Switches it still very very high.
What do you think will it dethrone Super Mario Galaxy and become the best selling 3D Mario title ever?