The latest update for Tetris Effect: Connected is now available, as Enhance Games has released version 1.3.1. It contains new color blindness accessibility choices, a new prompt to assist players comprehend the revive mechanism, and other improvements.
1.3.1 patch notes
NOTE: V1.3.1 PLAYERS WILL ONLY MATCHMAKE WITH V1.3.1 OR LATER PLAYERS.
- [ALL] COLOR ASSIST TYPE A, B, and C have been included as choices for players with color vision problems. TETRIMINO COLORS may be accessed in OPTIONS > GAMEPLAY > TETRIMINO COLORS. These new choices add patterns to the MagicMinos in CONNECTED/CONNECTED VS, as well as to TRADITIONAL Tetriminos, to help you recognize them.
- [ALL] The default NEXT QUEUE display has been changed from 1 to 4.
- [ALL] If you fail to TAP three times in a row while resurrecting in CONNECTED and CONNECTED VS, the word TAP is now shown.
- [ALL] Fixed an issue in ZONE BATTLE where, in rare situations, Tetriminos would not show and the game would not advance during the second match when a player’s network connection was weak.
- [SWITCH] Removed a system message encouraging you to connect to the Internet when you begin the game without one.
- [ALL] CONNECTED’s default cursor position has been changed to your highest-cleared Area.
- [ALL] In CONNECTED VS lobbies, the default cursor position has been changed from READY to BOSS.
- Other minor tweaks and bug fixes.
- KNOWN IN-GAME ISSUES (not an exhaustive list):
- [SWITCH] Setting the Nintendo Switch system clock to a future time and then uploading scores in online multiplayer may prevent your scores from updating in online multiplayer. When playing online multiplayer, please do not modify the system clock.
Tetris Effect: Connected version 1.3.1 is currently available for download on Nintendo Switch for all gamers.
About Tetris Effect: Connected
It’s all Connected, whether you play locally or online, wherever and wherever you play!
Tetris Effect: Connected is Tetris® like you’ve never seen, heard, or felt it before—an incredibly addictive, one-of-a-kind, and breathtakingly beautiful reinvention of one of the most popular puzzle games of all time from the creators of the award-winning Rez Infinite and the legendary puzzle game Lumines.
Music, sceneries, noises, special effects—everything, right down to the Tetris pieces themselves, pulses, dances, shimmers, and explodes in perfect harmony with how you’re playing, making any of the game’s 30+ levels and 10+ variations something you’ll want to replay.
- Cross-Platform Multiplayer is included! With the new Room ID functionality, players from various platforms may effortlessly join Friend Match rooms.
- In Friend Matches, Spectator Mode is accessible. A room may hold up to 8 people in total.
- Contains the “Zone” mechanism, in which players may pause time (and Tetriminos falling) by entering “the Zone” and either get out of a difficult scenario that would otherwise result in “Game Over,” or rack up additional line clears for added prizes.
- “Zone Battle,” a multiplayer feature that uses the time-stopping Zone mechanism from Tetris Effect to mix up regular 1-on-1 Tetris gaming.
- A “Connected” co-op option in which up to three players may physically join their Tetris playfields and play as one.
- Over 30 distinct levels, each having its own music, sound effects, graphical style, and backdrop that evolves and changes as you go through them.
- Ranked and unranked play, matchmaking, and unlockable avatar advancement.