While not winning the big one, in an impressive feat, Metroid Dread won the award for best Action/Adventure game at The Game Awards 2021. The mainline 2D Metroid sequel from Mercury Steam launched back in October alongside the Nintendo Switch OLED, quickly receiving critical and commercial success.
We’re so honored to hear that the action filled adventure of Samus’ latest mission was dreadfully satisfying! pic.twitter.com/ByE8DxbKdx
— Nintendo of America (@NintendoAmerica) December 10, 2021
About Metroid Dread
- Join Samus Aran in her first new 2D Metroid story in 19 years
- Suit up as intergalactic bounty hunter Samus Aran and battle your way out from the depths of a mysterious alien world plagued by a mechanical menace. Samus is more agile and capable than ever, but can she overcome the inhuman threats stalking the depths of ZDR?
- Face off against unrelenting E.M.M.I. robots
- Once DNA-extracting research machines, the imposing E.M.M.I. are now hunting Samus. Tensions are high as you evade these E.M.M.I. to avoid a cruel death while finding a way to take them down. Find out what turned these robotic wonders into the scourge of ZDR and escape with your life.
- Traverse the many environments of a dangerous world
- Parkour over obstacles, slide through tight spaces, counter enemies, and battle your way through the planet. Through her countless missions, Samus has never experienced a threat like the dread of ZDR.
- Discover a sprawling world
- Gain abilities and return to previous areas to find new areas and hidden upgrades in classic Metroid gameplay. Planet ZDR’s sprawling map is home to many secrets to discover and powers to find.