Niche – a genetics survival game is a fresh blend of turn-based strategy and simulation combined with rogue-like elements. Shape your own species of cat/fox/bear/dog-like animals based on real genetics. Keep your animals alive against all odds, such as hungry predators, climate change and spreading sickness.
– Living, dynamic world to test your survival skills
– Breeding system based on real genetics
– Over 100 genes to shape your species
– Procedural worlds and animals
– Game mechanics inspired on population genetics
– 5 biomes featuring different predators, prey and flora to explore
While playing Niche, the player is introduced to the scientific mechanics of genetics (featuring dominant-recessive, co-dominant inheritance, etc).
The game also features the five pillars of population genetics (genetic drift, genetic flow, mutation, natural selection, sexual selection). All knowledge is interwoven with the game-mechanics. This creates the effect of learning by playing.
Release info - Niche – a genetics survival game
NS Online support
Cloud Saves support
Voice Chat support
HD Rumble support