Hark back to a time of brave heroes, magic spells and dark forces with a fairytale adventure that’s as exciting as it is beautiful. Prepare to explore mystical forests and majestic castles, uncover hidden treasure and fight goblins, witches and even a mighty dragon in Trine 2: Director’s Cut, available exclusively from Nintendo eShop on Wii U.
Trine 2: Director’s Cut is more than just your average side-scrolling platform game: combining mind-bending puzzles with thrilling combat action, the gameplay offers a challenge that’s sure to appeal to everyone. Explore fantastical locations displayed in superb high-definition graphics and experience a rich story full of bravery and villainy – all while fighting enemies and solving physics-based puzzles that make use of realistic fire, water and gravity effects.
Although players can choose from one of three heroes to control – Amadeus the Wizard, Pontius the Knight and Zoya the Thief – you’ll actually need all three in order to make progress. Switch between the trio at the push of a button and make use of their unique skills to overcome obstacles, defeat monsters, recover valuable treasures and more.
You can also use experience to upgrade your heroes as you see fit, granting them new skills that suits your style of play. And if you don’t feel like switching between heroes mid-adventure, invite your friends to join in with either local or Online play. Employing special multiplayer features for the Wii U GamePad and Wii Remote support, each player takes control of a different hero in a truly magical co-operative experience.
Trine 2: Director’s Cut on Wii U includes numerous enhancements to the original game, including polished gameplay features, improved visuals and more besides. It also offers the Goblin Menace expansion as standard: seven additional action-packed levels, with one (the Dwarven Caverns) that’s exclusive to Wii U!
- Trine 2: Director’s Cut appears exclusively on Wii U with numerous enhancements to the original game
- Control different three heroes, using their unique abilities to overcome the magical forces that stand in your way
- Overcome physics-based puzzles that use realistic fire, water and gravity effects to confound you
- Play alone or co-operatively with friends, with special multiplayer features that make use of the Wii U GamePad
- Trine 2: Goblin Menace is included in this Director’s Cut and offers seven new levels, including one exclusive to Wii U!