The Isle Of Armor DLC of Pokemon Sword And Shield introduces a new Pokemon Kubfu along with its powerful evolved form Urshifu.
Not unsurprisingly, obtaining and training Kubfu to become Urshifu forms the bulk of the Isle Of Armor’s story, meaning that its evolution method is not as simple as just leveling it up or using an item.
From Kubfu to Urshifu
- After arriving at the Isle, battle your rival and make your way to the Master Dojo
- At the dojo, Master Mustard will give the player three simple trials to complete. Once done, he will introduce the player to Kubfu.
- At this point, players will be instructed to befriend Kubfu. This will require them to visit specific areas of the Isle of Armor, and speak to the NPCs there to watch a short cutscene.
- The areas required are marked as exclamation points on the map, after visiting at least two of these areas, talking to Master Mustard will trigger the next part of the quest.
- At this stage, the player will now be allowed to enter either the Tower Of Water or the Tower Of Darkness. Which Tower the player chooses to enter will determine Kubfu’s final form.
- The Tower Of Water will lead to Kubfu evolving into Urshifu (Rapid Strike Style), which is Water/Fighting
- The Tower Of Darkness will lead to Kubfu evolving into Urshifu (Single Strike Style), which is Dark/Fighting
- Whichever Tower the player picks, they will have to fight through five levels of tough fights using Kubfu. It is advised that players level Kubfu up first before undertaking the challenge.
- After clearing all the battles in the Tower, there will be a cutscene where Kubfu evolves into Urshifu.
Which Urshifu did you end up going for?