Publisher Dangen Entertainment and developer Moonsprout Games released a new trailer for upcoming adventure RPG Bug Fables.
Bug Fables features flat objects with 3D physics and lets players control in-game heroes while jumping and utilizing their respective unique abilities to solve puzzles and stun enemies.
Players will embark on a quest to explore a variety of unique and colorful areas. The game will also feature turn-based battles with timed button presses which can enhance the characters’ abilities, similar to the Paper Mario games.
About Bug Fables
Small Heroes. Big Adventure. Bug Fables is an adventure RPG following three heroes, Vi, Kabbu, and Leif, as they embark on an epic quest in Bugaria in search of treasure and immortality.
The game combines flat objects with 3D physics as the player jumps and utilizes the heroes’ unique abilities to solve puzzles and stun enemies while exploring a variety of unique, colorful areas. Battles are turn-based and with timed button inputs that can enhance your abilities.
Bug Fables Story
Hidden within the foliage of nature lies a small but prosperous continent – Bugaria. Insects from all over the world travel to it in search of the treasure scattered across it. The most sought after of these relics is The Everlasting Sapling! Eating just one of its leaves can grant even immortality!
In search of this ancient artifact, a brave team of explorers – Vi, Kabbu, and Leif – will travel across many different environments. In order to do so, they must work together to clear puzzles, defeat strong enemies and help the general bug populace!
- 6 chapters of story following the heroes across Bugaria!
- Many unique areas, including: The Ant Kingdom, the treacherous Snakemouth Den, the picturesque Golden Hills, The Lost Sands, and Vi’s home, the Bee Kingdom!
- A vast overworld that transitions into turn-based combat! Use Vi’s Beemerang, Leif’s ice magic, or Kabbu’s horn to defend yourself from foes!
- Action commands which can make attacks more effective, or block enemy attacks!
- A cooking system to turn ingredients into items that can help you in battle!
- A tattle system that lets you hear your party interact with each other as they discover all the secrets Bugaria has in store!
- Developer: Moonsprout Games S.A.
- Platform: PC (Steam), Nintendo Switch, PS4
- Players: 1
- Release: 2019