Bushiden is a Kickstarter campaign aiming to release for the Nintendo Switch in Summer 2020. Its developer, Pixel Arc Studios, released a new video featuring three minutes of pure metroidvania-influenced action platforming.
Bushiden is a Metroidvania-influenced action platformer set in a futuristic world where your greatest foe has been revived from the dead and is seeking revenge. The game combines melee combat with exploration elements spanning 8 separate, non-linear levels.
Your sister has vanished and rumors swirl that Gaoh has been resurrected with an evil army at his command. Explore for cybernetic upgrades until you are powerful enough to defeat the diabolic Gaoh and his cybergentic army once and for all in this futuristic, action platformer!
- 7 levels to explore plus a prologue area!
- Survive epic boss fights to unlock new traversal and combat abilities!
- Unique “crowd control” combat system gives the player powerful options for dispatching hordes of foes!
- Revisit levels with upgraded abilities to access new areas, find secret rewards, and become even more powerful!
- Collect currency from slain enemies to purchase health upgrades, enhanced shurikens, weapon summons, and chi spell attacks!
- Beautiful, hand-crafted pixel art!