Developer Passtech Games and publisher Focus Home Interactive announced a special free DLC for Curse Of The Dead Gods coming next week.
The DLC is called Curse Of The Dead Cells and adds crossover content with the indie roguelike Dead Cells. This includes a new curse based on Dead Cells’ protagonist, as well as a few Dead Cells themed weapons. It is due to launch on April 14th via a free update to all players.
Curse Of The Dead Cells
Focus Home Interactive and Passtech Games have partnered with Motion Twin and Evil Empire for “Curse of the Dead Cells,” a new crossover event featuring the smash-hit indie roguelikes Curse of the Dead Gods and Dead Cells. On April 14, players will be able to download a free update for Curse of the Dead Gods on PlayStation®4, Xbox One, Nintendo Switch and PC featuring special new content inspired by Dead Cells.
Here’s what surprises Dead Cells fans can discover in Curse of the Dead Gods when the new event kicks off next week:
- New Curse — Curse of the Headless: Players will move faster but take more damage, with a visual twist emblematic of Dead Cells’ main character.
- Three New Weapons: The Sword of Conjunctivius, the Broadsword of the Knight, and the Crossbow of the Condemned.
- New Challenge Room that can be found during runs featuring a Dead Cells Cursed Chest, a special challenge and a rare weapon.
- The update will also include other new content for Curse of the Dead Gods players, including a new two-handed weapon style and an additional Curse.
About Curse Of The Dead Gods
You seek untold riches, eternal life, divine powers – it leads to this accursed temple, a seemingly-infinite labyrinth of bottomless pits, deadly traps, and monsters.
Your greed will lead you to death, but that is not an escape. Rise to fight again. Delve deeper again. Defy the malignant deities that linger in this place. Battle through hordes of enemies in dark, cavernous passages filled with traps and secrets of all sorts – fire-spewing statues, explosives, hidden spikes, and worse.
Collect mystical Relics and an arsenal of weapons to make yourself unstoppable. Corruption builds in you with every step – encourage or ignore it, but each powerful curse can be a double-edged sword.
- A skill-based roguelike exploring a cruel, dark temple made of endless rooms and corridors
- Swords, spears, bows, guns – wield these and many more
- Unique curses influence each attempt, putting a twist on every action
- Dozens of enemies, with powerful champions and deadly bosses to face off against