Square Enix published another installment of their “Inside Final Fantasy” developer diary series, this time focusing on Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles Remastered Edition.
The video is an interview with Akitoshi Kawazu, the original producer of Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles, and Toshiyuki Itahana, the game’s original character designer and art director.
In the interview, they discuss various aspects of the game’s development, the story, character designs, and more.
About Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles Remastered Edition
FINAL FANTASY® CRYSTAL CHRONICLES™ Remastered Edition is an enchanting action RPG that follows a young group, known as the Crystal Caravans, as they embark on an epic journey to search for myrrh, a precious and rare liquid needed to cleanse and maintain a crystal protecting their world from the deadly gas, miasma.
Call upon magic and might and team up with faraway friends to take down fearsome foes! Enlist comrades to your crystal caravan in online multiplayer mode with up to four players.
Adventure and exploration await your caravan in brand-new lands teeming with wonder. Featuring new areas inside dungeons, even those who played the original version will have rewarding surprises in store!
- Choose your adventurer and begin a perilous journey to protect your world from dangerous miasma gas.
- Collect items and magic to enhance and diversify your combat options.
- Play together online with friends in a caravan of up to four, or make new friends through party matchmaking, anytime, anywhere and across different platforms!
- Enjoy improved 3D graphics and English voiceover (first time ever!).
- Discover an expanded adventure, complete with additional game options, including increased difficulty. Plus, you will find new monsters to fight, weapons to wield, and more!
Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles Remastered Edition launches on August 27 for Nintendo Switch.