The new Kao The Kangaroo game for the Nintendo Switch has been given a release date by developer Tate Multimedia. On May 27th, 2022, a contemporary resurrection of the popular 2000s gaming mascot will be released for Nintendo Switch and other platforms. A demo for the game will be available at PAX East, which takes place at the Boston Convention & Exhibition Center from April 21 to 24.
About Kao The Kangaroo
In the year 2000, Kao—pronounced K-O—began his first journey on SEGA’s iconic Dreamcast. Now, two decades later, Tate Multimedia has chosen to reintroduce the platforming genre and set Kao go once again, presenting his most ambitious journey yet.
Players will follow Kao as he takes up his magical boxing gloves and traverses the globe in search of his missing sister and the mystery of what happened to his long-lost father, all while experiencing a bright and dynamic world alive with action and visual flare.
Kao will use his boxing gloves to punch a route through his opponents in his next adventure, jabbing his way past the hurdles ahead as he pummels his way to fame.
- Worlds that are beautiful, unique, and full of mysteries.
- Family-friendly, but also suitable for core gamers, gameplay that is engaging and enjoyable for all ages.
- Magical gloves with a plethora of abilities.
- Kao is a sassy, strong, and tenacious kangaroo who sets off on a life-changing adventure.
- An engrossing narrative with a cast of memorable characters.
- Combat is difficult, with distinct boss encounters.
- There are several objects to gather.
Kaja Borowko, Head Of Studio at Tate Multimedia: “Since announcing Kao the Kangaroo’s comeback earlier this year, we’ve been blown away by the reaction we’ve received from gamers.” With this new chapter, we’ve set out to ensure that the new Kao the Kangaroo acknowledges his prior appearances while also providing fresh, modern gameplay for both new and old fans. This is a total relaunch for Kao, and we’re excited to see how people react when it goes live!”