The second part of the highly-anticipated Minecraft update titled Caves & Cliffs Update: Part II and with it comes huge mountains and caves to explore. Minecraft also has new Character Creator items which are available for free in the Minecraft Marketplace.
“There is so much to explore in Part II. The Overworld is getting new terrain generation, an increased world height, dripstone caves, lush caves, larger ore veins, candles, and friendlier goats. OK, that last one was technically a lie but only because I am now living in constant fear of being rammed off the side of a mountain.”
It’s here! From ice-capped mountain tops to endlessly sprawling cave systems: Caves & Cliffs: Part II is now out on both Java and Bedrock!
Minecraft Caves & Cliffs
The day has arrived and Minecraft Caves & Cliffs: Part II has officially released to the world! It is, indeed, a very special day when we all get to boot up our devices and see a new update ready to download and play. It represents years of hard work from both our team of developers, as well as the community’s continued passion for creating endless worlds in Minecraft. The update is available on all Bedrock platforms right now and we can’t wait for you to jump in and experience one of the biggest updates in Minecraft’s history.
Here’s a bit of what to expect when you load into the game today:
- Increased the world height and depth, adding 50% more vertical space to build and explore
- New cave generation to explore below your existing worlds
- New cave and mountain biomes like Lush Caves and Jagged Peaks
- Drastically updated and improved biome, cave, and ore generation
- Added several new music tracks to enjoy during gameplay
- Fixed over 70 bugs, issues, and parity changes