Team17 and Super Awesome Hyper Dimensional Mega Team – often known as Super Mega Team – announced a collaboration on The Knight Witch, a Metroidvania game. The game is set to be released for Nintendo Switch in 2022.
About The Knight Witch
The Knight Witch combines fast-paced shooter action with Metroidvania navigation and exploration, as well as a magic deckbuilding system. The idea of the game is that an unknown menace and their army of war golems have taken over a previously tranquil city, and it’s up to Rayne to utilize her skills to fight back and rescue people she cares about.
With over 30 distinct spell cards to pick from in a magic deck-building system, as well as Knight skills to upgrade and develop, players may personalize Rayne’s build to meet their playstyle, allowing them to take down the invading golems in the most effective manner possible. Rayne, like other Knight Witches, feeds off the love and affection of Dungeonidas’ residents, becoming even stronger with their continual support — players may choose to exploit this by deceiving to the loving dwellers for their personal gain, or they can be honest, exposing the sad reality with the masses.
- Shoot ‘Em Up Spellcasting Sorcery: Face off against wicked adversaries and decide whether to employ Rayne’s magic or her weapons and wits to defeat them.
- The Knight Witch Duality: Body and Mind: Upgrade Knight powers for a faster-paced shoot ’em up experience, or improve Witch magic and experiment with alternative deckbuilding techniques with over 30 distinct spell cards to pick from.
- Build Trust & Lasting Bonds: Knight Witches grow stronger with appreciation and trust, which they may gain in a variety of ways, not all of which are genuine — the option to favor popularity above honesty is entirely up to the player.
- Innovative Accessibility: The Knight Witch has been created as a Metroidvania without boundaries, with an easy on/off ‘auto-aim’ system, world-altering ‘cheats,’ and a concentrated primary plot navigation system — players will never get lost and may adjust the game to their level of play.
- Super Mega Team: The Knight Witch is being developed by the same team that gave you RiME, Moonlighter, and Plants VS Zombies.
The Knight Witch will be available digitally on Nintendo Switch via the eShop.