Trine 4: The Nightmare Prince is receiving DLC in the coming months and thus the nightmare seems to be far from over.
Developer Frozenbyte and Publisher Modus Games announced Trine 4: Melody of Mystery, a story-driven DLC campaign for Trine 4: The Nightmare Prince, will be arriving first on PC (Steam, EA Origin, GOG, Humble Store) soon, and on Nintendo Switch, PlayStation 4, and Xbox One in spring 2021.
About Trine 4: Melody of Mystery
In Trine 4: Melody of Mystery, there’s trouble brewing at the Astral Academy once again. All the students are cursed, trapped in enchanted slumber and unable to wake up. With a mysterious spirit on the loose, released accidentally by the kind and guileless Cornelius Crownsteed, it’s best to call the Heroes of Trine to see what they can do to bring back Cornelius and his fellow students from their enticing dreamlands.
- 6 all-new and exciting levels set in strange and unpredictable dream worlds
- New music tracks to accompany the levels and story
- Full voice acting and localizations
- New upgrades for the heroes’ skills: Freezing Blink, Explosive Objects, Ricochet Arrows, Hazard Trail, Leaping Lightning, and Charged Dream Shield
About Trine 4: The Nightmare Prince
Experience the most complete Trine ever created!
The Trine series returns to the magic of 2.5D with Trine 4: The Nightmare Prince! The three heroes of the best-selling adventure series are back, sent on a quest to retrieve the troubled young Prince Selius. Amadeus the Wizard, Pontius the Knight, and Zoya the Thief are joined together once again on a thrilling quest through fantastical fairytale landscapes teeming with danger.
Prince Selius suffers from intensely dark dreams and, due to his magical talents, monstrous nightmares are able to slip into reality and wreak havoc on the waking world. Amadeus, Pontius, and Zoya must find the afflicted prince and resolve the desperate situation before the world is engulfed by the Nightmare Prince’s shadows.
Trine 4 reaches new heights in the series, bringing the most complete gameplay experience ever to fans and new players alike!
- Gorgeous, 2.5D landscapes. Explore uniquely designed levels in beautiful, 2.5 dimensions, from breathtaking ruins and haunted tombs to tranquil birch groves and blueberry forests.
- Local and online multiplayer. Play with up to 4 players online or in local co-op.
- Captivating storytelling. Follow the story of a haunted prince as you journey through magical fairytale landscapes inhabited by friendly creatures, as well as a host of nightmarish foes.
- Dynamic puzzle-solving. Solve puzzles – solo or with friends – that feature fire, air, light, magnets, electricity and more, with challenges tailored to the number of players.
- Abundant skill trees. Unlock abilities and amazing new skills such as the Dream Shield, Fairy Rope and Iron Ball.
- Completely revamped combat system. Experience the heroes’ own bloodcurdling nightmares in boss fights featuring an enriched combat system with fresh challenges and thrilling action!
- Enchanting soundtrack. Enjoy a wondrous soundtrack with songs that bring life to each new environment.