Dotemu released an in-depth video on the development of Windjammers 2 ahead of the game’s release next month. It’s been almost 25 years since the first NeoGeo game was launched. The documentary includes contributions from the Windjammers 2 production team, as well as appearances from the original game’s developers and the series’ devoted fanbase.
About Windjammers 2
Throwing flying discs at your opponents is still as fun as it was 25 years ago. Windjammers 2 is the sequel to the NEOGEO cult classic Windjammers, and it’s the ideal blend of everything you liked about the original with brand-new mechanics.
Windjammers 2 is a fast-paced, strategic game that is simple to learn but difficult to master. It follows in the footsteps of the previous episode and brings back what makes the Windjammers series such a fun and competitive game!
New challenges, stages, mechanics, and spectacular new power moves will make your mind spin while improving your windjamming experience. Master the slapshot, dropshot, leap, smash, and the powerful EX MOVE, and listen to the awesome music from the 1990s.
WITH ALL-NEW CHARACTERS…
Sophie De Lys: Be ready! It’s time to meet Sophie De Lys, the trendy quick and furious Frenchwoman with outstanding movements. One piece of advice: choose the correct path.
Hurricane Max: The South African champion isn’t here to have a good time, as shown by his intimidating silhouette. With just one toss, he’s ready to blast everything out of the way. You’ve been warned, Klaus Wessel.
Raposa, Jao: Jao spent his youth in Brazil watching the original Windjammers beat up on their opponents on the jammin’ court, and now it’s his turn to shine. What are his most effective weapons? His blazing pace and mind-blowing throws.
Sammy Ho: Sammy is an athletically well-balanced individual. The Chinese player is strong, but also quick enough to grab every frisbee thrown his his. Be wary of his deceptive shots! If you’re not cautious, he’ll steal the championship away from you!
IN ADDITION TO RETURNING ONES
- Hiromi Mita: Wouldn’t you think Japan had given up on the jam after ten years? Hiromi Mita’s rapid and complex curve shots will make you regret confronting her.
- Klaus Wessel: After a decade of rigorous training, Klaus Wessel, also known as the Colossus in Germany owing to his huge shots, has returned and is eager to show Max Hurricane who is the most powerful jammer alive.
- Loris Biaggi: Quick, powerful, and adaptable… Italians are Loris Biaggi remains the tremendous champion that he once was.
- Steve Miller: He’s quick and nimble, and he’s a natural at reversals and curving strokes. He’s returned to show that he’s still got it.
- Gary Scott (Gary Scott): The very muscular American athlete is back to show his opponents just how strong he is. Prepare to see one of the game’s most spectacular shots!
- Jordi Costa: After ten years of training, the all-round athlete Jordi returns to the game. His quickness and precision shoots are attributes that may help him win the title!