An update has been issued for Yoku’s Island Express. The flipper / platform game came out earlier this year for the Nintendo Switch.
It was a combination that had never been made before; A platform game where you also had to use flippers to navigate around the world. Sounds weird, but it works so well!
One of the points of interest was that the game sometimes did not always run smoothly. If it is good, this has been corrected with this update.
What does the update contain?
Bug fixes are central to this update. In addition, a number of larger changes have also been implemented. This way, treasure chests and mailboxes will always be visible even if you are not around.
There will be indications given in your search for “scarabs” and from now on you will see a marker when you have finished the “Return to Nim” assignment.
Curious about all the smaller problem solutions?
- Open chests and filled mailboxes are no longer visible on the map.
- Fix for quest marker for “Ask Tunguska about getting some Climbing Gear” now disappears when criteria has been with.
- Fix for shop marker missing on map for the Marrow Hill, Hideout Wickerling tracker.
- Background no longer appears at low quality textures when the inventory is opened and zooming out of a telescope.
- Map graphics no longer disappear when viewing the map immediately after leaving the Aerial Ascent telescope.
- Phosphorus no longer re-appears in their lair if returning after saving and reloading.
- Music is now present in the pinball puzzle after approaching area from the Great Falls.
- It is no longer possible to block yourself in the Peak area.
- The camera no longer detaches from Yoku if using the Sootling on a Leash to fling Yoku off the edge in the Cove Mushroom location.
- Fix for typo in one or Chirp’s lines of dialogue.
- Graphical seam fixed when using the telescope near the bottom of the Great Falls.
- Sumoe shop marker is now removed if the treasure map is purchased through the discounted option.
- Fix for performance FPS drop if fruit is not collected from the Scarab in Everfrost Forest, The Lighthouse.
- It is no longer possible for Yoku to get stuck within the Screetch.
- Omh and Tilo no longer move location if you leave or leave Ivory Peaks Trail without talking to Jamja.
- Particle effect from Seed Pod Branch is now removed after it has been picked up.
- Lighting no longer pops at the top of the Tall Totem Tower reveal cutscene.
- Fix for performance FPS drop during the Tall Totem Tower reveal cutscene.
- It is no longer possible to knock the drop-down board the wrong way in the Church of the Space Monks, Secret Sanctuary area.
- Improvements to the Simplified Chinese localization.
In short, a lot of changes!